Thursday, October 30, 2014

Not For A Moment

I've recently learned a new song in church called Not for a Moment, and after hearing it for the second time, decided to buy it. I have fallen in love with the song, especially the line "Not for a moment did You forsake me". It humbles me to know that my God will never leave me or forsake me, no matter what. When things are good or bad, when I wander away, He is ALWAYS there. 

Today (Oct 30th) marks 2 years since I started immunotherapy, predictive text just reminded me it's called my immunoversary :). I've been thinking about it a lot today and every time I do, I'm just overwhelmed with a feeling of gratefulness that 2 years later, I'm, well, Healthy, Fit and Cancerfree as my blog title now reads! And I know that not for moment did my Savior forsake me, He was with me through all of it, and everything else I've ever been through. All I had to do was call on Him. 

Obviously I'm extremely happy with the outcome I've had so far, but I have the comfort of knowing that my God will be with me no matter what, and whatever life brings me, I can and will overcome anything. Knowing that helps me to stop stressing over what could be and enjoy what I have now. It is an amazing feeling to know that the Creator of the universe loves me even when I'm not lovable, forgives me even though I don't deserve it, and gives me super human strength right when I need it. 

And Not For A Moment, will He forsake me. 


No comments:

Post a Comment