Friday, March 29, 2013

Happy Good Friday & Easter!

I have no melanoma news to share, which is great! I just want to say Happy Good Friday and Happy Easter! 

It always seems odd to call this day "Good Friday" when it signifies the day that Jesus died on the cross - but the "Good" part is, He sacrificed himself on the cross to save US, and He rose again 3 days later. I grew up in church and the crucifixion is a story I've heard my entire life, many times, but I still don't entirely comprehend it. The other night I started thinking about how we execute prisoners today, with lethal injection, or maybe the electric chair - is that even still around? And I was thinking how quickly death comes from those 2 methods, and how Jesus was on that cross for hours, in agony, and even though he is God's son, he was in human form, and still felt pain. No matter what I go through in this life, I will never fully understand what he went through - for you and me and everyone else, those who love and believe in him as their savior, for those who don't believe, for those who mock believers, for the murderers, the thieves, everyone. Jesus died on the cross for the worst person you know, and the best person you know. 

So remember, this Easter, it's not about this:


or this:

Side Note: Reese's Eggs are my favorite!!

The true meaning of Easter is this:


We all have this to be thankful for, no matter what else is going on in life!

No comments:

Post a Comment