Thursday, September 27, 2012

Fear NOT

I was reading my short daily devotion today while waiting for my first radiation treatment and this was today's reading:

If you have a problem with fear and worry, I can tell you exactly where it came from! Christians who have downloaded fear and worry onto their mental hard drive get their primary information from the devil himself. Let me be blunt here - you are listening to the wrong voice! Press the mute button and open the Bible!

The Greek word for "fear" in both the Ancient Hebrew and the Greek, implies a fleeing or a running away from something or someone. So, when the Bible instructs us to "fear not" it is in essence saying, "Don't run away!" Very few of us actually run away physically from a situation that frightens us, but where we actually run away is in our minds.

The words "fear not" appear in tandem at least 144 times in the Bible! And when the Bible says "fear not," it means do not run away. When you are afraid or worried, rather than running away, you need to run forward into all that God has for you. The reason that Satan tries to give you a spirit of fear is so that you will run away from the blessings and power of God. The opposite of running away is pressing forward. When you are a son or a daughter of the Most High God and know the reality of serving Christ, you press forward. Do not linger over another thought that comes from the father of all lies but press on toward the goal!

If you are running scared, you are running backwards into your past and away from the arms of God. If you are pressing ahead, you are moving toward the prize of the upward call of God in Christ Jesus!

Knowing that you have not been given a spirit of fear from God, what has God given to you? He has given to you a spirit of power and love and a sound mind. Your mind needs to receive the message that you are one powerful chick! Did you know that the devil knows that you are powerful? He just doesn't want you to know that you are powerful! Declare it today - out loud - and unafraid:

I will not run scared but I will press forward into all that God has for me!

***This was written by Carol McLeod for Just Joy Ministries***

This was one of those God moments where I read just the right thing at just the right time. I was scared, and wanted to run away, but He reminded me that fear is not from Him, and He gave me the strength I needed to face my fears.

And so far, so good, radiation treatment #1/5 went just fine, it was over before I even realized it started, and I'm back and work and feeling fine! (Except I feel like I'm getting a cold! Boooooo!! AND I'm waiting for my radiation induced super powers to kick in, I haven't gotten any yet)

1 comment:

  1. I'm so glad you shared that devotion. God always knows when we need encouragement, and somehow, someway He provides it at the perfect time! We're still praying for you as you walk each step of this journey. Love you!

    ReplyDelete